Mutual Vision specialise in delivering core banking and consumer focused digital banking solutions to Building Societies and Challenger Banks.
Mutual Vision has recently developed an exciting new strategy to transform and grow the business and disrupt the market it serves by creating a Digital Platform / Ecosystem. This will entail delivering a range of in-house and third-party products and technologies to its customers and their users and developing a community of solution providers.
The Senior Analyst will lead a small team of Analysts to support the implementation of the product strategy for Mutual Vision and will be pivotal to the on-going success of the business. The successful person will be a key member of the Mutual Vision product team and will drive gathering of and documenting requirements for Mutual Vision’s product set.
The Senior Analyst will work closely to support the Product Team to further develop the Mutual Vision product range and will have responsibility for documenting and delivery of both business and technical requirements. This will entail the development of both in-house developed products and of complementary third-party products and technologies. The product strategy will be underpinned by the new technology strategy consisting of cloud native systems, an OpenAPI layer, adoption of MicroServices and the further implementation of Agile/DevOps processes.
Mutual Vision has a unique business model where it is wholly owned by its customers who are keen to invest to drive the business forward. Due to our ownership structure, 100% of our resources are re-invested in growing the business and its products and services.
Mutual Vision passionately cares about the sector it serves and adopts the same mutual ethos of collaboration and ethical, values driven business conduct of the customers it serves. Mutual Vision regularly develops and crowd-funds products and solutions in collaboration with its customers and is keen to further develop innovative ways of working with its customers for mutual benefit.
Who are we looking for?
This role is responsible for gathering and documenting business requirements for product changes and assigned Mutual Vision products and projects throughout their full lifecycle. You will engage with product managers and technical leads and other key stakeholders to identify changes and document potential solutions.
You will be a key member of Mutual Vision’s of product-based development squads contributing to the delivery of the vision and direction and help set the relevant scrum team’s priorities.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Lead the team of Analysts, where applicable and according to product requirements
- Support the development of new software products from ideation to delivery by creating a detailed business analysis, outlining problems, opportunities, and solutions
- Reporting on delivery of requirements to stakeholders
- Engage with product manager, senior leaders, technical leads, and other key stakeholders to identify solutions to deliver the product roadmap
- Support the definition of business cases for all Mutual Vision’s products and third-party integrations
- Complete complex analytical and analysis activities
- Take a proactive lead in the learning and development of the Analyst team
- Provide advice, guidance and mentoring to the other Analyst, other Mutual Vision staff and client SMEs
- Assist in managing relationships between other Analyst, other Mutual Vision staff and client SMEs
- Promote the ongoing development and improvement of analysis and design methodologies and toolsets
- Ensuring that all ISO and data protection policies are followed, and risks escalated as appropriate
- Industry and Product knowledge is kept current, with the result that practices will improve the quality and efficiency of the analyst tasks
- Effective consultation with client and other stakeholders is evident
- A strong team ethos with a willingness to study, critique and improve own work and that of colleagues
- Keep the team engaged, motivated and high performing, with any skills gaps addressed effectively and quickly
- Adherence to all Mutual Vision’s policies and procedures
- Lead internal requirement gathering workshops
- Writing reports, instructions, and specifications and creating process flows
- Supporting project/product teams during the analysis and planning stages of software development
- Making sure projects stay within quality, budget, and time requirements
- Evaluating Key Performance Indicators
- Support the implementation of Agile/DevOps processes throughout Mutual Vision
- The role will require an ownership mindset coupled with a highly collaborative and supportive approach and a strong sense of always working to the benefit of the team and the industry.
- Knowledge and use of formal and structured business analysis methodologies
- Significant demonstrable commercial experience in an Analyst role or similar
- Good influencing skills, including the ability to convince colleagues and senior stakeholder, and the credibility to promote solutions to prospective customers.
- Relentless commitment to delivering the best possible outcomes for our customers whilst never compromising values and ethical business practices.
- Proactive interest in developing commercial acumen and business understanding.
- Good presentation skills both in person and remotely
- Ability to identify and drive alternate processes and business solutions that provide the most value and efficiency to Mutual Vision and its clients
- Excellent negotiation skills and the ability to manage clients expectations
- Strong people management skills
- Coaching and Mentoring skills
- Tenacious, proactive, positive, and imaginative.
- Previous experience of the Financial Services sector would be highly advantageous.
- Broad technology expertise and a passion for innovation and blue sky thinking.
The Business Analyst will be expected to engage extensively with the wider product team, clients, technical teams, professional services, and third-party technical teams and the Mutual Vision Leadership Team to support the development of any products under development or management.
- Salary: Up to £50,000 depending on knowledge and experience.
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays; rising to 30 days with long service
- Birthday off as leave
- Pension contributions of 5%
- Group Life and Income protection schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Onsite parking (first come first served)
- Few minutes’ walk from Wilmslow town centre and train station
- Commitment to flexible/hybrid working practices
- Working in an ethical, values driven business that is committed to supporting the Mutual sector.
To apply please send your CV with a covering letter detailing why would like to be part of our business to Jo Furphy, HR, Compliance & Talent Acquisition Manager
Mutual Vision values the diversity that all sections of the community can bring to our company. We welcome applications from everyone who shares our values.